General care for parrots
No matter what size your parrot is, from the smallest parrotlet to the largest macaw, ALL parrots require the same level of care. They all deserve nutritious foods, a safe cage and home, lots of entertainment, proper veterinary care, and a human companion that sees they get it all – each and every day.
On this page we’ve compiled a list of recommended vets in the area, as well as some useful links and articles that can help with handling birds or living with a parrot.
|Dr. Dana Clark
|Blacksmith Fork Veterinary Clinic
|Dr. Laura Boehler
|Animal Care Daybreak
|South Jordan, UT
|Dr. Scott Echols
|Parrish Creek Veterinary Clinic
|Dr. Laurel Harris
|Wasatch Exotic Pet Care
|Cottonwood Heights, UT
|Dr. Jay Ipson
|Payson Family Pet Hospital
|Dr. Nicolle Lofgren
|Mountain West Veterinary Specialist
- General Care for Parrots — Birdtricks provides a great overview of caring for parrots, including diet & nutrition, training, cages, toys, and foraging.
- World Parrot Trust— a great site and organization for parrot information.
- Protect Your Bird from Danger: Common Household Poisons (PDF) — a helpful PDF from World Parrot trust, listing common things that might harm your parrot in your home.
- Lost Bird…Now What? — a short guide by Madeleine Franco to help in the event your companion parrot has been lost.
- Bird Lost/Found/Retrieving Protocol — full recommended protocol by 911 Parrot Alert for finding and retrieving a lost parrot.